Greetings, good people of fatblogland! Do you like free stuff? Here is a chance to win a spankin' new copy of The Amazing Adventures of Dietgirl!
I've been busting to hold a contest just for Dietgirl readers and the good folks at Transworld have kindly provided me with ten copies to give away. Nine winners will be randomly drawn, but one special winner shall receive a book plus a bonus GRAND (reasonably) (allegedly) (depending on your level of expectation) PRIZE!
The contest consists of a photo Scavenger Hunt. To enter, all you need to do is find seven items related to the book, from a list provided. Unlike traditional scavenger hunts, you don't need to get your hands dirty – simply take a photo of each item.
This contest is open to all Dietgirl readers from all lands! I will personally post the prizes anywhere. To enter, you will need some sort of photo-taking device, a blog and some imagination!
HOW TO ENTER
- Hunt down and take a photograph of each item on the list below
- Post your photographs into a new entry on your blog. Here's the link for this here contest page. If you don't have a blog, you could always post your photos to a free photo service like Flickr.
- Pimp your entry! Post a comment below with a link to your contest entry, so I can find it and everyone else can have a good stickybeak.
- A bicycle
- A bald man
- Greek yogurt
- A wedding dress
- The letter D
- The letter G
Now you don't have to be LITERAL here. Obviously some things are harder to find than others. If you can't find something on the list, go crazy and snap a pic of something that vaguely represents it. Just have fun with it, it's not meant to be serious. Creativity and silliness are encouraged!
There are ten (10) copies of the book to give away. I can sign them if the winners so desire, but if you want to flog it on eBay later, bear in mind you might get more if it's unblemished! Ha ha ha.
Nine (9) winners will be drawn at random from a list of all eligible entries, so don't panic if you think you're rubbish at taking photos.
One (1) special entry – the one that the panel (that's me) deems to be the most creative and entertaining – shall scoop the GRAND PRIZE!
The "Grand" Prize consists of:
- a copy of the book
- a very special "Sympathy for the Dietgirl" Kit.
The Kit, donated by yours truly, contains seven things that I've been obsessed with over the duration of this Lard Busting Adventure. The idea is that consuming these items with wild abandon while reading the book may enhance your understanding of the character. Really get inside her head, in case the words aren't enough! It's like Method Reading. Or Being John Malkovich, without the critical acclaim.
Note: Doubling your body weight is optional for the Dietgirl experience.
- A Moleskine 2008 diary – for obsessive planning and list-making
- A bag of Percy Pigs – for scoffing in an anxious trance
- A resistance band – for resistance training in a pinch
- A tasty selection of Green and Blacks chocolates – for obsessive stuffing into one's face
- A box of posh herbal tea – for your latest half-hearted attempt to cut back on caffeine
- A rockin' mix CD of workout tunes – for your latest half-hearted attempt at AM exercise
- A British Freddo Frog – somewhat inferior to their Australian cousins, but nevertheless were the Chocolate Ration of Choice during the writing of the book
The contest closes at 6PM GMT on Wednesday 12th December (That's 1PM in New York, and 5AM Thursday 12th in Sydney). Winners will be announced the next day and I will post out the prizes as soon as I receive the winners addresses.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
The success of the Amazing Scavenger Hunt depends, of course, on there actually BEING ten entries so there can be ten winners. If there's only two entries then the winners will receive five copies each – more eBay fodder for you, or something to pap off to that crusty Aunty for her Christmas gift. If nobody enters at all, I will crawl under a rock and wallow in humiliation forever. On a cosy bed of Dietgirl books, of course.