If you're lazing about on a Friday afternoon – perhaps waiting for your long weekend to start if you're a lucky, lucky American – here's some links I've been meaning to share:
- Charles Atlas Will Make A Man Of You!
Forget your new-fangled Wii Fit! Todd Levin, the funniest bloke to ever set foot on the internet, went back to Charles Atlas, the original godfather of fitness, and followed his 1922 "Dynamic Tension" course for a month.
- Beetroot, Squash & Halloumi with Chilli-Herb Dressing
This recipe from Helen Graves is a cracker for your Help! There's A Vegetarian At My Table file. It's the most blow-your-socks off flavoursome salad I've had in a long time – savoury, sweet, fire and crunch in every brilliant bite. I've made it twice this week and already plotting its next appearance..'"
- The Sustainable Seafood Dilemma – Clotilde of Chocolate & Zucchini has an excellent take on this incredibly complex issue with some great links and debate in the comments. I've always loved my sushi and fish n chips but the guilt, the GUILT! It's all become too much.
- Do you use a washing up bowl?
There's a rowdy discussion over at my non-fat blog about what I thought was a uniquely Scottish phenomenon, the plastic washing up bowl. Aussies thinks it's weird but the Brits will defend it to the bitter end.
- Let them eat cake (and ice cream) – Some interesting thoughts on the differences between premium and less expensive ice creams – what are you really paying for?
- 12 Ways To Secretly Practice Yoga At Work
Abby Letz of Heartfelt Yoga had some great tips and thorough directions over on Elastic Waist
- The Chocolate and Peanut Butter Gallery
One of the things I love most about America is how you bring together peanut butter and chocolate in a myriad of ways. This site is "dedicated to the world's two best ingredients".
- From Losing to Lifting
Our pal Marla wrote a corker of an article about the profound effect weight training has had on her life. One choice quote: "I'm less intimidated by the opinions of others—and no small part of that is mentally muttering 'dude, I could kick your ass