The prize: Courtesy of Weight Loss Resources, one winner will receive:
- 6 months membership to Weight Loss Resources
- a Food & Exercise Daily Diary
- a copy of The Calorie, Carb & Fat Bible 2010
Available to readers from: UK only.
What the heck is it?
Weight Loss Resources is a cracking set of online tools to help you bust the lard. Features include:
- The biggest UK food database
- Food diary and analysis tools
- Calorie requirements calculator
- Goal setting facilities
- Monitoring of weight, body fat and BMI
- Reports and charts on weight and nutrition
- Add your own recipes and automatically calculate nutritional information
- Exercise activity database
- Members forum
- News, features and tips including a monthly column by me!
Why do you dig it?
I've been a member since 2004 but didn't really put the site to good use until early 2005 when I was in a desperate rush to fit into my wedding dress. I found the site to be a no-nonsense way to track my food and goals. You enter your height and weight, you decide how much you want to lose each week (from 0.5 -2 pounds) and it tells you how many calories a day to eat. It also tallies up carbs, protein, fat and fibre.
You can also run little reports which appeals to my inner geek – I sleep better knowing precisely how many grams of apples I've eaten in a week, ho ho ho. Best of all it has a comprehensive UK food database – I've tried other sites but most of them are US-based so you have to manually enter foods. Only thing missing from WLR would be a dedicated iPhone app, although the site works fine on a mobile browser!
One winner will receive 6 months membership to WLR plus the Calorie & Carb Bible and journal.
Leave a comment below to enter! Sorry, UK residents only. Entries close Wednesday 3 February 2010 at 10.00 GMT. Winner will be chosen at random.