What's that you say? It's Monday? True. But don't you wish it was Friday? Let's pretend… how about I shift this backlog of links and you tell me what you're going to do on your imaginary weekend. I will be sipping martinis in the backyard and reading trashy magazines.
- "Selling people processed food – basically dressed up army rations – requires the food industry to continually sell people the idea that they have neither the time or skill to feed themselves." — Bullshit, Revisted @ Kathleen Finn
- The Frustration of Yesterday @ KellyOlexa.com — The madness of mixed message.
- Pretty ugly: Can we please stop pretending that beautiful women aren't beautiful? — Chloe @ Feministing on "Ugly" Betty, Liz Lemon, Rachel from Glee et al.
- "At some point, when you begin getting velocity and transforming your life at every level, someone is going to say it… Someone will say something longingly about “The Old You.”"
— The Old You @ Christine Kane
- A Sort of Epiphany @ The Fatslayer Chronicles — the Slayer is BACK and she has some wonderful things to say.
- "If you ever look at someone who is overweight (in your mind), and think, "Wow, she's really let herself go," just remember that there is always a story behind it." — Carry That Weight @ Gluten Free Girl and the Chef. This one from the properly famous Shauna blogger ripped me up.