So Marie Claire (US) magazine are at it again, trying to counter their slide towards irrelevancy by publishing audience-baiting content. This time, "Should Fatties Get a Room? (Even on TV?)".
Sure the floods of outraged traffic will please their advertisers but I hope this is outweighed by lost sales and subscribers.
You know what I think we should do? You know how Jon Stewart is having his Rally for Sanity in Washington? I think we should have a rally of sorts too. All of us infidels who DARE to carry some extra padding should converge on Marie Claire's New York offices and have a mass make-out session right on their doorstep. The earth WILL MOVE!
Some great responses to the ridiculous article:
- Ask The Bloggess: Be Warned: Actual serious feedback on this one
- Big Fat Deal: Marie Claire Thinks Fat People Are Gross
- Jezebel: What Was Marie Claire Thinking With This "Fatties" Piece?
- Deb at BlogHer: Good Luck Getting Kissed by ANYONE, Marie Claire, Your Fat-Bashing Backfired
- Jen Lancaster: I've Got Your Counterpoint Right Here, Marie Claire
- Huffington Post: Are Marie Claire and CBS Wagging the Dog?
UPDATE: Wow. There is actually going to be a mass make-out session in New York today, Friday 29 October, for real!
- Stacy Bias: Big Fat Kiss-In TOMORROW in NYC, in response to Marie Claire article
- Jezebel: Protest At Marie Claire's Offices Tomorrow
- Facebook event page: The Big Fat Kiss-In! Where love has no weight limit!