Yo, V.I.P.'s! What's good in your world right now? What's singing to your senses?
I've started and stopped three different posts this week but the words are all mangled and rubbish. It's a cocktail of inarticulateness (not a proper word) up there at the moment, I tells ya. I don't know what's wrong with me. But I don't want the blog to die! Before it's choked by cobwebs I thought I'd write about some little things that have brought sparkle to life lately, then ask you'd be up for sharing some of your own sparkly things too?
Let's kick it!
- Walkmeter iPhone app – Sure you could just walk home from work. But you could also walk home from work with mile splits, a map of your route and squiggly wee graph showing elevation changes! Nerdgasms ahoy.
- The Great British Bake-Off – It's a baking competition on the telly. So much tension! Oh no! There's not enough holes in the focaccia! The macaron doesn't have a shiny shell! The biscotti's not got enough NUTS in it! The poor woman put the oven on DEFROST so her brandy snaps failed! Who knew ovens have defrost settings these days. Note: I wasn't sad when the ginger guy got kicked off last night. I'd thought him lovely til he went in a huff when the judges dissed his ginger cookies for having too much ginger in them. He said something along the lines of, "You can either bake for the judges or bake for yourself and your family and my family LOVES lots of ginger". If you are just baking for yourself WHY GO ON THE TELLY THEN, eh? Dignity. Always dignity!
- The Winter Of Our Disconnect by Susan Mushart – a book about a family who go sans-gadgets and internets for six months. Hilarious one minute, oh-lord-i-do-that-too-i-am-a-loser-with-no-life the next 🙂
- This hummus, halloumi and red pepper open sandwich by Bill "Smiley" Granger – a very tasty combination!
- Homemade rhubarb and vanilla jam. Made with homegrown rhubarb – which adds zero to the Smug Factor as the rhubarb appeared with feck all intervention on my part. Totally hyponotised by the floaty strands of rhubarb and vanilla specks. Pretty.