It's been a whole year since I first asked if you guys wouldn't mind having a look at This Running Thing We Made, and I'm so chuffed that Up & Running is now alive and thriving. A year ago Julia and I had just met in person and had only a skimpy website, an empty forum, one lonely 5K e-course and a bellyful of excitement (okay, mild terror too). But today there is so much more to look at:
- a foxy new website that I can't quite believe belongs to us!
- a 10K course
- a just-launched Half Marathon course
- groovy downloadable training guides
- a forum full of feisty, hilarious, determined women from around the world, going after their goals and inspiring me not to be lazy.
Keanu Reeves whoa!
I just noticed a comment on the ye olde Introducing Up & Running post from a girl named Jo: "Arghhh… I'm so tempted to sign up, but… is this actually possible???". Jo did sign up, aced the 5K, is about to start the 10K course, and this May is coming all the way from Australia for our first ever Alumni Retreat in Italy. Jo, you crazy cat!
I could tell 100 similar stories of women doing things they didn't know they could do but I know you're busy people and would not want to miss anyone out. But to all the Up & Runners out there, thank you for showing me day after day what happens when you figure out what you want, make a plan, then get off your bum and go for it :)
What's next? Our next 5K Course starts on Monday 5 March and the 10K Course starts on Thursday 8 March, and each run for eight weeks. Our brand new Half Marathon course runs for 12 weeks and is self-paced, so you can dive in to that one at any time, whenever it suits you and your race date.
So… fancy joining us? This is an brilliant time of year for a new challenge – Spring is on the way in the Northern Hemisphere, and it's cooling off down south. Just think how smug you would feel crossing the finish line at your first 5K or 10K come May?
I'm giving away three free places, with the winner choosing the course they'd like to do. All you have to do is leave a comment on this blog post and tell me, What's the best thing that happened to you over the past year?
- Entries close 11PM GMT this Friday 24 February
- There will be three winners and they have their choice of 5K, 10K or Half Marathon course
- The winner can gift the prize to a friend, so you can enter if you choose not to run but know someone who would like to!
- Winners will be randomly selected.
- Winners can be from anywhere in the world. Remember the Courses are for women only.
Winner will be announced this Saturday 25 Feburary. Woohoo!