Ooh things rather busy and stressful at the mo so will spare you the usual epic ramblings.
I’m having a full body massage on Friday! It’s my very first. Way back in 2001 I wrote a list called "Random list of things I wanna do when I’m smaller" and that was one of the things I put down.
I thought a spa day would be a fab Getting To Goal treat but then my sister scored a free night’s accommodation and half price treatments through her work if she could go in April. So I thought… goal schmoal, why the hell not?
I’m a little nervous about the whole caper. I haven’t been sleeping well and I’m wound up tighter than a Scotsman’s purse strings so I’m hoping I can relax enough for a massage. Ha ha.
Then Sandra was writing about massages recently and she had to strip off and wear paper undies! Lordy. What are you supposed to do in readiness for a stranger prodding your bod? Brush teeth, shave legs, landscape nether regions?
Anyway I’m sure it will be lovely. This is going to be a real test of just how comfortable I really am in my skin. It’s easy enough to be happy with clothes on but how will I feel in paper knickers? Anyone want to place bets on a Fat Girl FreakoutTM?
For the curious here is the infamous Random List I made back in 2001, with my current thoughts in italics.
- run (done!)
- get a tattoo (wtf? i really have no desire to do that)
- wear dainty, strappy little shoes (currently would make me look like a drag queen with my pudgy ankles and feet) (still look ridiculous in dainty shoes. some things never change)
- go on roller coasters (though I may fit in the seats now, not really interested. losing a few kilos doesn’t make you any less of a chicken 🙂
- walk up to a guy that catches my eye and say hello (done! no longer scared of boys! just in time to be married, d’oh!)
- go swimming (done!)
- get a full body massage (like i’d let anyone look at me right now!) (shall do on Friday!)
- have proper photos taken of me (but no cheesy soft-focus glamour shots! cack!) (I reckon the Grazia shoot covers that)
- learn to rollerblade (oooh still fancy trying this one)
- get some sexy leather pants. rrrowr. (again i say, WTF? why did i think that was a good idea? was i going through another Doors phase in 2001? i am not Jim bloody Morrison and unless Gareth convinces me to go pillion on his motorcycle i shall never don leather dacks)
Six years later, the list makes me cringe a wee bit with it’s supreme dorkiness. But I’m happy that I’ve done so many of those things, and didn’t wait around to be skinny either.