What do you want to do before you kick the tin? There was a time when "be smaller" was the primary ambition but thankfully I diversified and remembered there were always many other things I wanted to do.
- Spend a summer traipsing around Europe in a caravan, following the Motorcycle Grand Prix season.
StalkFollow Radiohead around the US on tour. Most likely not in a caravan.
- Tour around Australia and New Zealand with Dr G.
People often do this in a caravan, but after many summers stuck behind stinky slow-arse caravans in the Scottish Highlands, I don’t know if we could join their ranks and live with ourselves.
- Re-read every single Babysitter’s Club book and see if I still identify with Claudia the most. Not because of her snappy dressing, just her penchant for hiding candy under her bed.
- Learn to sew and knit and crochet. Clothes, curtains and those dolls you stick over rolls of toilet paper. Because is there anything more offensive in the world than a naked loo roll!?
- Make a living from writing and/or a health/fitness/helping people sort of thing. A proper full-time living, not just a Breadloser one.
How vague is that ambition? I need a mentor. Or a lobotomy.
- Grow a vegetable garden.
- Go on a road trip with Rhiannon and The Mothership when we’re totally middle-aged and curmudgeonly and do nothing but eat scones and potter around antique shops.
I should add:
- Rob a bank, to finance the above.
If anyone fancies joining in – what do you want to do before you drop off the twig? And make sure it has nothing to do with the size of your arse 🙂
UPDATE: I forgot that I want to learn to tango. The dance, not the carbonated beverage. And salsa. The dance, not the tomatoe-y dipping goo. And visit Italy, South America, France, Croatia, Japan, Jordan, Cambodia and lots of other bits. Travel on the Trans-Siberian railway. Learn to make sushi. Re-learn to drive (it is possible to forget). Overcome fear of sparring. Attend poncy cookery classes. TBC!