"No matter what horrible thing you’re going through, when it’s all over it only takes three seconds to sum it up."
Kada tagged me for a meme awhile back: What is something you’d love to say to your younger selves of 2, 5, 10 and 15 years ago?
The best thing I could say would be the above quote, which came from a Friend of Dooce. Basically – chill out pet, we’ll get through and laugh about it later.
I’d also tell myself to stop viewing the world through my fat goggles; that my size is not my most defining characteristic – but would I have listened? I think you have to experience all the wacky experiences and figure that out for yourself.
And a few other things…
2 years – 2006
5 years – 2003
- There are approximately 27 different shades of Scottish accent – they’re not all going to sound like Sean Connery.
- About that vow you just wrote in your diary – how you’re ALWAYS going to wear sexy undies for your lovely new boyfriend and never let your standards slide? Ha ha ha, I say! And ha ha ha again!
10 years – 1998
- Stop driving half a mile to uni. Walk!
- Just because you work in the fish and chip shop doesn’t mean you have to eat all the fish and chips.
- Generic cooking chocolate is not an ideal breakfast.
- You’re not meant to feel permanently miserable, and you wouldn’t be a stinking failure if you asked for help.
15 years – 1993
- The lyrics of Bon Jovi’s Keep The Faith album are not as profound as you might think right now.
Do you have any words of wisdom for your younger self?