I've been stockpiling links for weeks so let's get 'em oot!
- The Great Kindrochit Quadrathlon
Now how's this for a hardcore day out in the Scottish countryside?
– Swim 1.5 kilometres across the murky depths of Loch Tay
– Kayak 7 miles back down Loch Tay
– Cycle 34 miles around Loch Tay
– Slice a watermelon in half with a sword then eat it to stop the clock
The Quadrathlon was featured on BBC Scotland's Adventure Show recently and my jaw gaped the whole time. I did two of those Munros and it took me all bloody day, but 200 mad bastards ran over seven plus all that swimming, kayaking and cycling and they were done before sunset.
It's not entirely serious though – there's stops along the way for cakes, hot chocolate and even fish and chips!
- Finding a Bra that Fits – Corinna talks about the importance of good scaffolding.
- The Arm Bra. Lord help us.
- What Would Buffy Do? – "In the grand scheme of things, those few days where you're unable to exercise MEAN NOTHING. Rest. Feel better. Stay positive. You don't have to put yourself at a big success/failure crossroads every time something comes up." I love Skwigg.
- The Cherry Slice Experiment – Cherry Ripes are an Australian sweet that I never ate during 24 years of Australian residency but developed a pathetic longing-for once I moved away. Fab food blog Where's The Beef tries a homemade version, four ways!
- Drop the Boy – This has nothing at all to do with health & fitness but Keris brought it to my attention that Matt and Luke Goss of Bros fame turned 40 this week. FORTY! How could they be forty already? I can't answer that.
Many happy returns, fellas. You're a man. Yes you am.