I was meant to report back on my No Year's Resolutions at the end of April but now it's the middle of July and the year is more than half done! HALF DONE?
It is 10.33 PM so to continue this entry would be to break the Internet Curfew but I've not posted blogged for two weeks (attack of self-consciousness following series of unsavoury comments and emails) so I'm keen to break to seal, as it were. So will attempt to bash out an update by 10.45, when the computer is timed to explode if you're not off it.
The Minimum Standards Agreement Update
- Writing Down My Food – did not happen in March as was eating my way around Australia. Did not happen in April and May due to unseasonal gloom. But by June I was back in business and remembering what a useful, calming exercise it is. I tend to do well Monday to Friday but slacken off on the weekend.
- Exercise for a minimum of 20 minutes – Nae bad. I've even been doing yoga or pilates before work sometimes, as part of a campaign to get more bendy for kickboxing. But again, slackness on Sundays! Does weeding the garden count? How about watching Wimbledon or the MotoGP? I do a lot of blinking. That must burn 0.00056 calories per hour.
- 10.30PM Internet Curfew – not good. Only obeying about 50% of the time, which leads to restless slumber then next-day crabbitness. Why don't I learn!?
On the non-fat goals front I'm chuffed with all the tiny "live in the moment, man!" things happening:
- On schedule to read 52 books in 52 weeks this year!
- Halfway through the process to getting my UK citizenship
- Started a herb garden
- Finally made a pizza from scratch! YEAST YOU DON'T SCARE ME NO MORE! (photo is of pizza #1; pizza #2 was round and pretty!)
They're also starting salsacise classes at my gym, which is the closest I'll get to my "take salsa classes" goal for a wee while since Dr G believes salsa classes are what desperate couples do to find the flame again when they're on the brink of divorce. Salsacise will do for now as I'm bored to death with my usual cardio. Cannae wait to get those hips moving.
Poor excuse for an entry I know, but it's 10.54PM. Did you make any resolutions in January? How're they coming along?