There must have been an International Comment Spammers Convention last week because I'm suddenly getting an excruciating amount of comment spam from a new fancy breed of spammer. I can just picture them frantically taking notes during the Advanced Comment Spam presentation: How To Promote Your Dodgy Diet Products On Some Dimwit's Blog And Make Them Think You're A Proper Commenter In Three Easy Steps.
- Take the time to write an actual comment, perhaps actually even reading the entry.
- Flatter the blogger by saying one or more of the following:
– I've subscribed to your RSS feed!
– I'm going to read all your archives!
– I'm telling my friends and family and the milkman about your blog!
- ONLY THEN link to your diet pills or rapid weight loss scheme.
Bonus points if you can cleverly disguise your business name in the Commenter Name field. For example, Di Etplan. Doesn't she sound like a lovely lass?
I know people are trying to make a living. But I am not going to let them litter my personal blog with their dodgy links to improve their search engine ranking.
My apologies to the 99.9% of non-spammers out there in blog land. I know I'm due a new entry but this rant has been boiling all week and to quote the great Alf Stewart, I've had a flamin' gutful. RAH!