It is all happening at Up & Running! We've got two e-courses on the go this Fall, or Autumn if you prefer, or Spring if you're from the Southern Hemisphere…
- First there's the third session of our 5K Beginners Course
- Then there's our brand spankin' new 10K Course!
- We also have the new Bridge to 10K programme – a series of self-paced downloadable training plans
The Fall 5K Course starts on Monday 5 September and the 10K Course starts on Thursday 8 September. Both courses run for eight weeks. Right now I'm slightly emotional as it's the final week of the Summer 5K and despite all warnings I've become attached to the runners again. But you'd have to have a heart of granite not to feel something as you watch people go through the journey and learn so much about themselves. I'm a fool for a tale of personal growth! I'll miss them big time. Although I cannae wait to meet the Fall folks 🙂
Anyway, enough of my emotional interludes. You can read more about the ongoing awesomeness that is the 5K Beginners Course or the shiny freshness of 10K Course over on the Up & Running website. Coach Julia and I have been slaving over 10K and it's a cracker! She never ceases to amaze me with her coaching creativity and expertise… who knew there were so many ways to make people trot around in public? There's so much variety in the training, lots of conditioning exercises and drills to strengthen all the muscles used for running, plus loads of great content on the Course blog to help you, such as yoga for runners, running anatomy, inspiring interviews, exercise demos, race tips… you can read more about the course and recommended running experience for participating here.
So… fancy joining us? There are still four-and-a-bit months left in 2011. Plenty of time left to KICK SOME ARSE and do something wonderfully fun and kind and challenging for yourself. And meet some new pals. I'm giving away one free place on each course. All you have to do is leave a comment on this blog post and tell me, What's do you like best about Fall/Autumn?
- Entries close 11PM UK time this Friday 12 August
- There are two prizes: one place on the Fall 5K Beginners Course and one on the 10K Course
- One runner up will receive a Bridge to 10K download
- The winner can give the prize to a friend, so you can enter if the thought of running makes you stabby but you know someone who would dig it!
- Winner can be from anywhere in the world. Remember the Course is for women only.
Winner will be announced on Saturday 13 August. Go for gold, baby!